Saturday 15 June 2013

My First Blog Post!


Ok, so I'm relatively new to this whole blogging thing. For one of my classes last semester I had to do a blog of my choice and I chose to do it on food since that is something I am passionate about. A few months later, however, I realized that even though food is a passion of mine, makeup and beauty has always been number one for me, so here I am! But this time I'm not blogging for a class, I'm doing it for  the love of beauty!

I'm not exactly sure what it was that prompted me to start a YouTube channel. I was so busy with school and assignments so it's not as if I had loads of time on my plate, it was just an urge I felt. So one night before going to bed, I turned on my webcam and did an introductory video. It took me a week to post another video and another week after that to get the courage to tell my boyfriend about it, and another week after that before I had the courage to share it on my Facebook.

I know there are people out there who think it's silly, and to be honest, I expected that. There will always be haters, people who are insecure in themselves and need a way to put others down, so I was prepared for negative comments, dislikes on my video, and even finding out that people I know are making fun of me for it, but the truth is, I DON'T CARE! I am doing something that I enjoy doing, I am trying to help people who might need a hand in the beauty department, and I'm even learning new things about myself. I never would have thought I would have the courage to sit in front of a webcam/camera and talk to the world while having no clue who is watching me and/or judging me.

I did not start this channel in the hopes of making money or receiving some sort of fame. To be honest I'm not even sure I could tell you exactly why I started it. It was very sudden for me. I always watched beauty gurus and took tips from them when doing my makeup and I slowly realized that people around me were constantly complementing my makeup, asking for advice, and asking me to do their makeup for them. I had been thinking about it for a few months and then a couple of girls in my course told me they would be interested if I made a channel because they liked my makeup techniques. Maybe that was what prompted me, because within a few weeks I found myself talking to my computer telling it why I am starting a beauty channel along with a little bit about myself.

I hope you will join me on this journey as I continue to make more videos and learn all there is to know about beauty, hair, fashion, and more. To those who have already subscribed, I appreciate you so much and I am always open to suggestions! Never hesitate to give me feedback :)

Love,
Alexa

Check out my YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/alexal0vesmakeup

                                                  A screenshot from my first video

2 comments:

  1. wish you luck i hope you get more subscribers

    ReplyDelete
  2. ELF is so difficult to get in Canada I'm jealous :) Great post its so detailed!! I really liked your reasons for starting the blog and its so nice for bloggers to be frank!
    Also, we've nominated you for the Liebster award - its essentially a beauty blogger questionnaire. Come visit - we would love to read your answers!
    http://erinandkatherine.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete